I have discovered a delicious new flavor pairing I would love to share with you-Dijon mustard and roasted cauliflower. I had never heard of this combination before but, once I discovered it, I noticed other dishes at markets and online that combined the same ingredients. After initially tasting the dish, I was instantly in love! Warm, charred cauliflower pairs beautifully with the vinegar and spice contained in Dijon mustard. To go a step further, I added garbanzo beans, making the dish a complete vegan meal with the addition of protein. Roasted garbanzo beans are really delicious! Roasting the beans makes them crisp and almost nut-like. For a comforting meal with loads of flavor, this dish fills the bill.
- 1 head cauliflower–cut into florets
- 1 16 oz. can organic garbanzo beans–rinsed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I prefer Amy’s brand)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower, garbanzo beans, olive oil, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Pour the mixture onto two parchment-lined baking sheets forming a single layer. Bake for 45 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly charred and crispy.
- Pour hot cauliflower and garbanzo bean mixture back into a large bowl. Add the mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately! You won’t be able to resist any way.