- 6 large tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)—peeled and chopped
- 1 small red or orange bell pepper—seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber—peeled and chopped
- Juice from on lemon
- 1 small red onion—chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic—minced
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Fresh basil—for serving
- To peel the tomatoes, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make an X with a knife on the bottom of the tomatoes and place them in the boiling water for about 20 seconds. Remove and immediately transfer to an ice bath to cool - the skin should come off easily.
- Add all ingredients, minus the basil, to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season the gazpacho with salt and pepper to taste and, if you desire a more velvety texture, press the gazpacho through a strainer.
- Chill gazpacho for at least three hours or overnight in the fridge (or use the freezer for more immediate results).
- Top each bowl with the freshly chopped basil